Module 3: Reading Book Suggestion

 

“Catching Readers Before They Fall: Supporting Readers Who Struggle, K-4

Book by Pat Johnson


 

 

 

 

Catching Readers Before They Fall: Supporting Readers Who Struggle, K-4

 

 

 

Goodreads


Every teacher of reading plays a vital role in helping to catch those readers for whom learning to read does not come easily. If you have ever been at a loss for what to say and do when confronted with a child who struggles--this book is for you. "Bringing a Vygotskian perspective to teaching and learning, Pat and Katie have done a wonderful job of meshing theory and practice to produce a book that is both important and practical. I warmly recommend it to all teachers of reading." ~ Linda Dorn”

 

This book has been one that was suggested to me about one year ago. I have not had the chance to read it.  My friend/colleague had suggested it to me after seeing a video in SPED I about how readers see a page of words.  This book talks about what proficient readers thing about when they read and what we as teachers need to teach a student who is learning or struggling.  My friend has used this book as a resource for ideas along with the website. The authors have also created a website: catchingreaders.com. They have a blog, which they post on various subjects relating to teaching literacy. I have been reading some of their posts there. I hope to read the book soon too!

 

Resource:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7943140-catching-readers-before-they-fall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 1: Before and Ater

Module 1: Equality vs. Equity

Getting to Know Students